- 250g all-purpose flour
- 400g white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 120g milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240g water
- 113g butter (optional add 1/2 tsp of salt if using unsalted butter)
- 108g vegetable oil
- 113g peanut butter
- 55g butter (optional add 1/4 tsp of salt if using unsalted butter)
- 55g peanut butter
- 40g milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 285g confectioners' sugar
Originally posted on AllRecipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Whisk flour, white sugar, and baking soda together in a bowl. Beat milk, eggs, and vanilla extract into flour mixture using an electric mixer on low until smooth.
- Cook and stir water, butter, vegetable oil, and peanut butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth, about 5 minutes. Stir peanut butter mixture into flour mixture until batter is well mixed; pour onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Melt butter and peanut butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth; add milk and vanilla extract. Whisk confectioners' sugar into mixture until icing is smooth, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour icing over warm cake.